On 02/21/2013 12:02 AM, jimtronic wrote:
Now that I've been running Solr Cloud for a couple months and gotten
comfortable with it, I think it's time to revisit this subject.

I'd really like to hear from someone who has made the leap.

Cheers, Jim
We use Solr as our primary storage for XML documents for many customer installs, and we're quite happy with performance, reliability, update speed, and so on. We don't handle inetractive updates from end users: only batch updates from an upstream content authoring system of some kind. In this situation, we're quite content. I looked at other NoSQL db's, but couldn't find a compelling reason to switch, and some disadvantages in some cases.

-Mike