On 2/28/2013 5:39 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:
ICUFoldingFilterFactory is "folding" the backtick (grave accent).

See admin/analysis page, it's a lifesaver in these situations!

Is this the way it's supposed to behave? From what I could tell in my look at the analysis page, it is folding the backtick into nothing. It happens on both 3.5.0 and 4.2-SNAPSHOT.

The filter doesn't seem to have this behavior with any of the "regular" punctuation that I have tested. I use the ICUFoldingFilterFactory in my schema for most of my fields.

Thanks,
Shawn