Hi David Smiley:
We use  a 3rd party software to load Solr 3.4 so the behavior needs to be
transparent with the migration to 4.1, but I was expecting that I would need to
rebuild the solr database.

I moved/added the old solr 3.4 core to solr 4.1, with only minor modification
(commented out the old spatial type and add the new) and I was surprised I was
able to query the data.

The geohash is displaying as a hash, and not coordinate, so I am checking my
configuration on the geospatial class.

Harley Powers Parks, GISP
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Geospatial Visualization Web Developer