On Mar 12, 2013, at 1:21 PM, Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org> wrote:

> How are these sets of flrids created/defined?  (undertsanding the source
> of the filter information may help inspire alternative suggestsions, ie:
> XY Problem)

It sounds like you're looking for patterns that could potentially providing
groupings for these FLRIDs.  We've been down that road, too, but we don't see
how there could be one.  The arbitrariness comes from the fact that the lists
are maintained by users and can be changed at any time.

Each book in the database has an FLRID.  Each user can create lists of books.
These lists can be modified at any time.

That looks like this in Oracle:   USER   1->M   LIST   1->M   LISTDETAIL  M <-
1  TITLE

The sizes we're talking about:  tens of thousands of users; hundreds of
thousands of lists, with up to 100,000 items per list; tens of millions of
listdetail.

We have a feature that lets the user do a keyword search on books within his
list.  We can't update the Solr record to keep track of which lists it appears
on because there may be, say, 20 people every second updating the contents of
their lists, and those 20 people expect that their next search-within-a-list
will have those new results.

Andy

--
Andy Lester => a...@petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance