On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Alexandre Rafalovitch
> <arafa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Lucene seems to get a new DrillSideways functionality on top of its own
>> facet implementation.
>>
>> I would love to have something like that in Solr
>
> Solr has had multi-select faceting for 4 years now.
> My understanding of DrillSideways is that it implements the same type
> of thing for Lucene faceting module (which Solr doesn't use).
>
> There's implementation (which DrillSideways is), and interface (which
> for Solr means tagging / excluding filters).
> If you have any ideas around improving the Solr interface for
> multi-select faceting, please share them!

Actually DrillSideways is independent of multi-select.

Ie, it's useful to have the sideways counts for a drill-down field,
whether your UI offers single or multi select for a given dimension.

DrillSideways.java is a different implementation (minShouldMatch=N-1
query w/ custom collector to separate hit from near-miss) than Solr
(tagging/excluding filters), and also a different interface.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com