Hi Paul,

I'm sorry I cannot provide you with any numbers. I also doubt it would be wise
to post any as I think the speed depends highly on what you are doing in your
integration tests.

Say you have several request handlers that you want to test (on different
cores), and some more complex use cases like using output from one request
handler as input to others. You would also import test data that would be
representative enough to test these request handlers and use cases.

The requests themselves, of course, only take as long as SolrJ takes to run and
SOLR takes to answer them.
In addition, there is the overhead of Maven starting up, running all the
plugins, importing the data, executing the tests. Well, Maven is certainly not
the fastest tool to start up and get going…

If you are asking because you want to run rather a lot requests and test their
output - JMeter might be preferrable?

Hope that was not too vague an answer,
Chantal