On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 6:46 AM, raulgrande83 <raulgrand...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your help. I'm afraid it won't be so easy to change de jvm
> version, because it is required at the moment.
>
> It seems that Solr 4.2 supports Java 1.6 at least. Is that correct?
>
> Could you find any clue of what is happening in the attached traces? It
> would be great to know why it is happening now, because it was working for
> Solr 3.5.

Its probably not an OOM at all. instead its more likely IBM JVM is
probably miscompiling our code and producing large integers, like it
does quite often. For example, we had to disable testing it completely
recently for this reason. If someone were to report a JIRA issue that
mentioned IBM, I'd make the same comment there but in general not take
it seriously at all due to the kind of bugs i've seen from that JVM.

The fact that IBM JVM didnt miscompile 3.5's code is irrelevant.