Hi All,

I want to validate my approach by the experts, just to make sure i am on
doing anything wrong.

#Docs in Solr : 25M
Solr Versin : 4.2

Our requirement is to list top download document based on user country.
So we have a dynamic field "*numdownload.**" which is evaluate as
*numdownloads.<countryId>*

Now as sorting is an expensive and also uses large amount of java heap, I
planned to use this field in boosting result.

Old Query
q=*:*&fq=countryId:1&sort=numdownloads.1 desc

which i changed to
 q={!boost b=numdownloads.1}*:*&fq=countryId:1

Is my approach correct. Any better alternate ?

thanks
Aditya