Thanks James.

We have tried the following options *(individually)* including the one you
suggested,

1."selectMethod=cursor"
2. "batchSize=-1"
3."responseBuffering=adaptive"

But the indexing process doesn't seem to be improving at all. When we try to
index set of 500 rows it works well gets completed in 18 min. For 1000K rows
it took 22 hours (long) for indexing. But, when we try to index the complete
set of 750K rows it doesn't show any progress and keeps on executing.

Currently both the SQL server as well as the SOLR machine is running on 4 GB
RAM. With this configuration does the above scenario stands justified? If we
think of upgrading the RAM, which machine should that be, the SOLR machine
or the SQL Server machine?

Are there any other efficient methods to import/ index data from SQL Server
to SOLR?

Thanks!