On Tue, 2013-04-02 at 17:08 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Most of the time I facet on one field that has about twenty unique
> values.

They are likely to be disk cached so warming those for 9M documents
should only take a few seconds.

> However, once per day I would like to facet on the text field,
> which is a free-text field usually around 1 KiB (about 100 words), in
> order to determine what the top keywords / topics are. That query
> would take up to 200 seconds to run, [...]

If that query is somehow part of your warming, then I am surprised that
search has worked at all with your commit frequency. That would however
explain your OOM if you have multiple warmups running at the same time.

It sounds like TermsComponent would be a better fit for getting top
topics: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent