>From what I can tell, the Collections API has been hardened
significantly since 4.2 and now will refuse to create a collection if
you give it something ambiguous to do. So if you upgrade to 4.2,
things will become more safe.

But overall I'd find a way of using the Collections API that works and
stick with it.

Michael Della Bitta

Appinions
18 East 41st Street, 2nd Floor