Hi all,

I'm doing a test a migration from Solr 3.6.2 to Solr 4.2 and cannot make work
the term vector component. Was not able to find changes in the TVC
configuration in docs, so used approach, same as on my 3.6 server, where it
works fine.

Relevant field in schema.xml is configured like this:

<field indexed="true" name="content" stored="true" termOffsets="true"
termPositions="true" termVectors="true" type="text_general_all"/>

In the solrconfig.xml I have (I tried also a configuration from
example/solrconfig.xml, bundled with Solr 4.2 but result is the same):

<searchComponent name="tvComponent"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.TermVectorComponent"/>
<requestHandler name="tvrh"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler">
<lst name="defaults">
<bool name="tv">true</bool>
</lst>
<arr name="last-component">
<str>tvComponent</str>
</arr>
</requestHandler>

But, when I perform request to a server like this:

http://test.farm:8080/solr/TestCorpus/select/?q=content%3A*&start=0&rows=1&indent=on&qt=tvrh&tv=true&tv.tf=true&tv.df=true&tv.positions&tv.offsets=true

I'm getting result which does not contain any TVC fields:

<response>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">49</int>
</lst>
<result name="response" numFound="3877" start="0">
<doc>...</doc>
</result>
</response>

On the old 3.6 server with same request I'm getting the:

<response>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">18</int>
</lst>
<result name="response" numFound="80698" start="0">...</result>
<lst name="termVectors">...</lst>
</response>

Could you please help me to find out what is wrong.

Regards,
Yakov