Sorry, I didnt explain my self good, I mean , you have to create an
additional field 'hasCategory' in your schema, and then, before indexing,
set the field 'hasCategory' in the indexed document as true, if your
document has categories, or set it to false, if it has any. With this you
will save computation time, since the query for a boolean field is much
easier for Solr than checking for an empty string field.

The query should be => q=*:*&fq=hasCategory:true

anurag.jain wrote