Hello,

I am building a Search Interface in front of Solr. I am using facets and
other approaches to do fielded restrictions (via fq queries). I am also
providing a free-form search field to the user.

I would like that free-form field to search against eDisMax rules (multiple
source fields, phrase boosting, mm param, etc). But I don't want (for
security reasons) to let the user to enter Solr-specific features like
localparams or fielded search.

Is that possible? Am I missing something obvious?

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)