Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:30 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: NPE when faceting TEXTfield in a distributed search query

Are you sure you want to facet on a text field??? That will facet on the
individual terms, which isn't usually very useful.

Usually, people want to facet on full phrases or entire strings, so they do
a schema copyField from the text field to a string field and then facet on
the string field.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: coolpriya5