Hi,

I've just posted this week an issue today with our Solr index:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/corrupted-index-in-slave-td4054769.html,

Today, that error started to happen constantly for almost every request, and
I created a JIRA issue becaue I thought it was a bug

As you can read, at the end it was due to a fail in the Solr master-slave
replication, and now I don't know if we should think about migrating to
SolrCloud, since Solr master-slave replications seems not to fit to our
requirements:

* index size:  ~20 million documents, ~9GB
* ~1200 updates/min
* ~10000 queries/min (distributed over 2 slaves)  MoreLikeThis, RealTimeGet,
TermVectorComponent, SearchHandler

I would thank you if anyone could help me to answer these questions:

* Would it be advisable to migrate to SolrCloud? Would it have impact on the
replication performance?
* In that case, what would have better performance? to maintain a copy of
the index in every server, or to use shard servers?
* How many shards and replicas would you advice for ensuring high
availability?

Kind Regards,

Victor