> That was strange. As you are using a multi-valued field with the new
setup, they should appear there.

Yes, the new field we use for faceting is a multi valued field.

> Can you find the facet fields in any of the other caches?

Yes, here it is, in the field cache:

http://screencast.com/t/mAwEnA21yL

> I hope you are not calling the facets with facet.method=enum? Could you
paste a typical facet-enabled search request?

Here is a typical example (I added newlines for readability):

http://172.22.51.111:8000/solr/default1_Danish/search
?defType=edismax
&q=*%3a*
&facet.field=%7b!ex%3dtagitemvariantoptions_int_mv_7+key%3ditemvariantoptions_int_mv_7%7ditemvariantoptions_int_mv
&facet.field=%7b!ex%3dtagitemvariantoptions_int_mv_9+key%3ditemvariantoptions_int_mv_9%7ditemvariantoptions_int_mv
&facet.field=%7b!ex%3dtagitemvariantoptions_int_mv_8+key%3ditemvariantoptions_int_mv_8%7ditemvariantoptions_int_mv
&facet.field=%7b!ex%3dtagitemvariantoptions_int_mv_2+key%3ditemvariantoptions_int_mv_2%7ditemvariantoptions_int_mv
&fq=site_guid%3a(10217)
&fq=item_type%3a(PRODUCT)
&fq=language_guid%3a(1)
&fq=item_group_1522_combination%3a(*)
&fq=is_searchable%3a(True)
&sort=item_group_1522_name_int+asc, variant_of_item_guid+asc
&querytype=Technical
&fl=feed_item_serialized
&facet=true
&group=true
&group.facet=true
&group.ngroups=true
&group.field=groupby_variant_of_item_guid
&group.sort=name+asc
&rows=0

> Are you warming all the sort- and facet-fields?

I'm sorry, I don't know. I have the field value cache commented out in my
config, so... Whatever is default?

Removing the custom sort fields is unfortunately quite a bit more difficult
than my other facet modification.

The problem is that each item can have several sort orders. The sort order
to use is defined by a group number which is known ahead of time. The group
number is included in the sort order field name. To solve it in the same
way i solved the facet problem, I would need to be able to sort on a
multi-valued field, and unless I'm wrong, I don't think that it's possible.

I am quite stomped on how to fix this.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

*John Nielsen*