Faceting on a high cardinality string field, like url, on a 120 million
record index is going to be very memory intensive.

You will very likely need to shard the index to get the performance that
you need.

In Solr 4.2, you can make the url field a Disk based DocValue and shift the
memory from Solr to the file system cache. But to run efficiently this is
still going to take a lot of memory in the OS file cache.

--
Joel Bernstein
Professional Services LucidWorks