On 16 April 2013 11:35, Steve Woodcock <steve.woodc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have a simple SolrCloud setup (4.2.1) running with a single shard and
> two nodes, and it's working fine except whenever we send an update request,
> the leader logs this error:
>
> SEVERE: shard update error StdNode:
> http://10.20.10.42:8080/solr/ts/:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
> Server at http://10.20.10.42:8080/solr/ts returned non ok status:500,
> message:Internal Server Error
>  at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:373)

Turns out I think this was caused by having the wrong type for the
_version_ field in the schema. We had type="string", but should be
type="long", ie.

  <field name="_version_" type="long" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="false"/>

Which, to be fair, is well documented at
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud

Certainly seems to be working a lot better so far ...

Cheers, Steve