Generally, your UI web pages should communicate with your own application layer, which in turn communicates with Solr, but you should try to avoid having Solr itself visible to the outside world.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: kneerosh
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 12:46 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Customizing Solr GUI

Hi,

 I want to customize Solr gui, and I learnt that the most popular options
are
1. Velocity- which is integrated with Solr. The format and options can be
customized
2. Project Blacklight

Pros and cons?

Secondly I read that one can delete data by just running a delete query in
the URL. Does either velocity or blacklight provide a way to disable this,
or provide any kind of security or access control- so that users can only
browse/search and admins can view the admin screen. How can we handle the
security aspect in Solr?