Version of Solr would help here. Solr 4+ will log where it find the
collections if enabled (not sure about earlier version). The most
likely problem is related to path. Perhaps you are hardcoding '\'
 separator somewhere on Windows and that messes up the path on Unix.
Or you have different Solr version on dev/prod.

I would probably look for path being mentioned in the logs and, if
that fails, using truss/strace
(http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/unix2.1/unixnut/c02_236.htm) and just
check where solrconfig.xml is being looked for in reality. It is a
hammer ('when you have a hammer....') for sure, but it is often a
faster way to get ground-truth this way and then figure out what's
causing it.

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)