Sure, you can specify a separate synonyms list at query time, just define
an index and query time analysis chain one without the synonym filter
factory and one without.

Be aware that index-time and query-time have some different characteristics,
especially around multi-word synonyms see:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.SynonymFilterFactory

Best
Erick