On 5/6/2013 5:38 PM, bbarani wrote:
I am trying to create performance metrics for SOLR. I don't want the searcher
to warm up when I issue a query since I am trying to collect metrics for
cold search. Is there a way to disable warming?

Set the autowarmCount to 0 in each of the cache definitions. That will prevent a new searcher from being warmed up when you commit. To completely disable the cache, set the size to 0 as well.

You'll also want to remove the newSearcher and firstSearcher pieces from the <query> section of solrconfig.xml for testing without cache warming. The example config has some uncommented config for these. The example queries you'll find there are unlikely to return results, but just running the search can pre-warm things.

This may be something you already know, but you'll want to have benchmark data with the caches and the warming enabled as well as data without it, as that is how things will likely run in the real world.

Thanks,
shawn