Milen,

At some point you'll need to call a commit to search your data, either via
AutoCommit policy or deterministically.  There are various schools of though on
which way to go but something needs to do this.

If you go the AutoCommit route be sure to pay attention to the openSearcher
value.  The default value of false will not cause an IndexSearcher to open the
new data, and there is a strong use case for this…but if you're not aware you
might be caught by surprise.

Once the commit fires your search process will automatically see the new data,
with no interruption to its queue of queries.

You may also want to consider having a Master/Slave relationship via
replication for higher availability.  it is trivial to set up and works like a
charm.

Jason