Hi, I wish to know how to best design a schema to store comments in stories /
articles posted.
I have a set of fields:
   /   <field name="subject" type="text_general"
indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="keywords" type="text_general"
indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="category" type="text_general"
indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="content" type="text_general"
indexed="false" stored="true" />   /
Users can post their comments on a post and I should be able to retrieve
these comments and show it along side the original post. I only need to show
the last 3 comments and show a facet of the remaining comments which user
can click and see the rest of the comments ( something like facebook does ).
One alternative, I could think of, was adding a dynamic field for all
comments :
/<dynamicField name="comment_*"  type="string"
indexed="false"  stored="true"/>/
So, to store each comments, I would send a text to solr of the form ->
For Field Name: /comment_n/ Value:/[Commenter Name]:[Commenter ID]:[Actual
Comment Text]/
And to keep the count of those comments, I could use another field like so
:/<field name="comment_count" type="int"
indexed="true" stored="true"/>/
With this approach, I will have to do some calculation when a comment is
deleted by the user but I still can manage to show the comments right.
My idea is to find the best solution for this scenario which will be fast
and also be simple.
Kindly suggest.