Hi Guys,

I have a field defined with the following custom data type,

<fieldType name="cust_str" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100"
sortMissingLast="true">
      <analyzer type="index">
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true" />
        <filter class="solr.TrimFilterFactory" />
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
         <filter class="solr.TrimFilterFactory" />
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

This field has values like "SAN MIGUEL","SAN JUAN","SAN DIEGO" etc. I wish
to perform a "Starts With" and "Contains" search on these values and I
perform the query in SOLR as follows,

-Starts With: field:SAN M*
-Contains: field:*SAN M*

But, the SOLR is not returning correct results because of the white space.
What modifications do I need to make in order to make the sreahces work for
the values with embedded white spaces?