On 5/17/2013 5:06 PM, Jamie Johnson wrote:
> I am trying to use Solr inside of another framework (Storm) that provides a
> version of HttpClient (4.1.x) that is incompatible with the latest version
> that SolrJ requires (4.3.x).  Is there a way to use the older version of
> HttpClient with SolrJ?  Are there any issues with using an earlier SolrJ
> (4.0.0) that used HttpClient 4.1.x with 4.3 of the server?  I'm really just
> looking for options for running Solr in Storm, so any thoughts would be
> greatly appreciated.

An older SolrJ will probably work fine.  SolrJ is pretty stable,
overall.  If you're using SolrCloud, you'll probably want to use a later
version just to be sure everything works right.

One thing that I would try first is removing jars from Storm that
conflict with SolrJ and provide the upgraded versions in a common lib
directory in your classpath.  There's a reasonable chance that Storm
will work just fine with the newer jars.

For my own SolrJ app, I download the newest versions of the jars instead
of using the older versions included with SolrJ.

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-io/download_io.cgi
http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
http://slf4j.org/download.html
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/download.html