Hi all,

Our current project requirement suggests that we should start storing
custom data structures in solr index. The custom data structure would be an
equivalent of C struct.

The task is as follows.

Suppose we have two types of fields, one is FieldName1 and the other
FieldName2.

Suppose also that we can have multiple pairs of these two fields on a
document in Solr.

That is, in notation of dynamic fields:

doc1
FieldName1_id1
FieldName2_id1

FieldName1_id2
FieldName2_id2

doc2
FieldName1_id3
FieldName2_id3

FieldName1_id4
FieldName2_id4

FieldName1_id5
FieldName2_id5

etc

What we would like to have is a value for the Field1_(some_unique_id) and a
value for Field2_(some_unique_id) as input for search. That is we wouldn't
care about the some_unique_id in some search scenarios. And the search
would automatically iterate the pairs of dynamic fields and respect the
pairings.

I know it used to be so, that with dynamic fields a client must provide the
dynamically generated field names coupled with their values up front when
searching.

What data structure / solution could be used as an alternative approach to
help such a "structured search"?

Thanks,

Dmitry