Hi All,

I want to override a component from solr-core and for that I need solr-core
jar.

I am using the solr.war that comes from Apache mirror and if I open the
war, I see the solr-core jar is actually named as apache-solr-core.jar.
This is also true about solrj jar.

If I now provide a dependency in my module for apache-solr-core.jar, it's
not being found in the mirror. And if I use solr-core.jar, I get strange
class cast exception during Solr startup for MorfologikFilterFactory.

(I'm not using this factory at all in my project.)

at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class
org.apache.lucene.analysis.morfologik.MorfologikFilterFactory
at java.lang.Class.asSubclass(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.util.SPIClassIterator.next(SPIClassIterator.java:126)
at
org.apache.lucene.analysis.util.AnalysisSPILoader.reload(AnalysisSPILoader.java:73)
at
org.apache.lucene.analysis.util.AnalysisSPILoader.<init>(AnalysisSPILoader.java:55)

I tried manually removing the apache-solr-core.jar from the solr
distribution war and then providing the dependency and everything worked
fine.

And I do remember the discussion on the forum about dropping the name
*apache* from solr jars. If that's what caused this issue, then can you
tell me if the mirrors need updating with solr-core.jar instead of
apache-solr-core.jar?

Many Thanks,
Sandeep