Thank you James & bbarani.

This worked in the sense that there was no error or exception in the data
import. Unfortunately, I do not see any of my Category1, Category2 etc. when
I retrieve the documents. If I use the first configuration of the
db-data-config.xml posted in my original post, I see these fields in each
document. Doing an import with your suggestion of

<entity name="Cat1"
                    query="SELECT CategoryName from CAT_TABLE WHERE
CategoryLevel=1" cacheKey="SKU" cacheLookup="Product.SKU"
processor="CachedSqlEntityProcessor">
                                <field column="CategoryName" name="Category1"
/>
                        </entity>

I do not see Category1.

I have not changed my schema.xml, so I don’t think this should affect the
results. For e.g. Category1 is declared as:

<field name="Category1" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>

I am curious to what I am doing wrong. I should mention that I am using Solr
4.0.0. I know a more recent version is out – but I don’t think it should
make a difference.
Thank you again for your help.
O. O.

Dyer, James-2 wrote