On 6/2/2013 6:13 AM, Mysurf Mail wrote:
> "Each frame is hand-crafted in our Bothell facility to the optimum diameter
> and wall-thickness *required *of a premium mountain frame. The heat-treated
> welded aluminum frame has a larger diameter tube that absorbs the bumps."
>
> required!=require
>
> I try it in the analysis tool in the portal for debugging and I see in the
> fierld value the PST (stem) filter does make a token from the required as
> requir
> I write required in the debug query field and when I click on Analyse
> Values I see requir is highlited.
>

> But the http query only return values when I wuery required. not require.

There are two likely problems here:

1) You changed your schema but you did not reindex after restarting
Solr.  Most schema changes require reindexing.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToReindex

2) The default field doesn't include the stemming filter in its
fieldType, or it was not included correctly.

Because you didn't specify a field name in your query and you didn't
send the df parameter, it will query the default field specified in your
config, and we have no way of knowing what that is.  In the 4.x example,
the default field is named 'text', and that field is linked to a
fieldType that does not have stemming.

Thanks,
Shawn