Hmmm, may we see your solrconfig.xml file? You're right, this
is a relatively vanilla test and should be just fine. BTW, I don't
know what your latency requirements are, but extending your
auto soft commit interval to as long as you can stand isn't
a bad idea. the soft commit will invalidate a number of top-level
caches, and add to the load so it's best to have that be
longer.

Do note that solr cloud doesn't use replication the same way it
used to, so the fact that your *:* queries are giving inconsistent
results is _very_ suspicious, almost as though you are mixing
old replication in there somehow.

Does this happen only when you're actively indexing?  in other
words do you go from consistent->inconsistent states?

Best
Erick