Hi,

I have some query building and result processing code, which is currently
running as "normal" Solr client outside of Solr. I think it would make a lot of
sense to move parts of this code into a custom SearchHandler or
SearchComponent. Because I'm not a big fan of the Java language, I would like
to use Groovy.

Searching the web I got the impression that "Solr + alternative JVM languages"
is not a very common topic. So before starting my project, I would like to
know: Is there a well known good reason not to use Groovy (or Clojure, Scala,
...) for implementing custom Solr code?

kind regards,
Achim