If the respective table IDs are not globally unique, then you (the developer) will have to supplement the raw ID with a prefix or suffix or other form of global ID (e.g., UUID) to assure that they are unique. You could just add the SQL table name as a prefix or suffix.

The bottom line: What do you WANT the Solr key field to look like? I mean, YOU are the data architect, right? What requirements do you have? When your Solr application users receive the key values in the responses to queries, what expectations do you expect to set for them?

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Raheel Hasan
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 9:12 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Multitable import - uniqueKey

Hi,

I am importing multiple table (by join) into solr using DIH. All is set,
except for 1 confusion:
what to do with "*<uniqueKey>*" in schema?

When I had only 1 table, I had it fine. Now how to put 2 uniqueKeys (both
from different table).

For example:

<uniqueKey>table1_id</uniqueKey>
<uniqueKey>table2_id</uniqueKey>