Hi Chris:

Have you read: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialForTimeDurations
You're modeling your data sub-optimally.  Full precision rectangles
(distErrPct=0) doesn't scale well and you're seeing that.  You should
represent your durations as a point and it will take up a fraction of the
space (see above).  Furthermore, because your detail gets into one digit
to the right of the decimal, your maxDistErr should definitely be smaller
than 1 -- use something like 0.5 (given you have two levels of precision
below a full day) but to be safer (more certain it's not a problem) use
0.3 -- a little less.  Please report back how that goes.

~ David