Hi ,

Need more information how NoOpDistributingUpdateProcessorFactory works,
Below is the cloud setup,

collection1 ------------shard1 ---------------node1:8983 (leader)
|                                 | _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ node2:8984

|_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ shard2--------------- node3:7585 (leader)
                                  |_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ node4:7586

node 1, node 2, node 3 , node4 are 4 seperate solr instance running on 4
tomcat container.

We have included the following tag to solrconfig.xml , for not distributing
the index across shards.
<updateRequestProcessorChain>
<processor class="solr.LogUpdateProcessorFactory" />
<processor class="solr.RunUpdateProcessorFactory" />
<processor class="solr.NoOpDistributingUpdateProcessorFactory" />
</updateRequestProcessorChain>

We are able accomplish the task of loading an index only single shard by
using no-op distributingupdateprocessfactory.

>> Loaded data into node:8984 of shard 1
    After indexing the size of the index on node 8984 was 94MB
    Whereas the index  size on leader node for shard 1  was 4 kb.
    Seems for shard 1 the leader is not performing the index building and
replication is not working.
>>But on good note, the index was not distributed to shard 2 (node 3, node
4)

When i removed above tag updateRequestProcessorChain,
>>Index is distributed accorss shards
>>Replication is working fine.

My requirement is to store specific region index into  single shard, so the
region data is not distributed across shards.

Can you some help on this ?

Thanks,
Sathish