On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 09:24 +0200, Varsha Rani wrote:
> I 'm trying to compare the performance of different Solr queries. In order
> to get a fair test, I want to clear the cache between queries.
>
> How is this done? Of course, one can restart the server, I was to know if
> there is a quicker way.

That depends on your system. If you are using Linux or OSX, this should
work:
sudo echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
For Windows, CacheSet seems to provide the functionality:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897561.aspx

To avoid any leftover from memory mapping vs. cache trickery, I stop
Solr, issue the drop_caches call and start Solr again.

- Toke Eskildsen