Hi,

        I am attempting to transform the XML output of Solr using the
XsltResponseWriter http://wiki.apache.org/solr/XsltResponseWriter to HTML.
This works, but I am wondering if there is a way for me to debug my creation
of XSL. If there is any problem in the XSL you simply get a stack trace in
the Solr Output.

        For e.g. In adding a HTML Link Tag to my XSL, I forgot the closing i.e.
did “>” instead of a “/>”. I would just get a stack trace, nothing to tell
me what I did wrong. Another time I had a template match that was very
specific. I expected it to have precedence over the more general template.
It did not, and I have no clue. I ultimately put in a priority to get my
expected value.

        I am new to XSL. Is there any other free tool that would help me debug
XSL
that Solr would accept? I have Visual Studio (full version) that has XSLT
debugging – but I have not tried this as yet. Would Solr accept as valid
what Visual Studio OKs?

        I’m sorry I am new to this. I’d be grateful for any pointers.

Thank you,
O.O.