Hi Aloke

Thanks for your reply. It works with the

http://url.com:8983/solr/mycore/suggest?q=bar&wt=json&distrib=true

parameter or when inserted into the defaults

<requestHandler class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler"
name="/suggest">
        <lst name="defaults">
                <str name="spellcheck">true</str>
                <str name="spellcheck.dictionary">default</str>
                <str name="spellcheck.dictionary">suggest</str>
                <str name="spellcheck.onlyMorePopular">false</str>
                <str name="spellcheck.count">10</str>
                <str name="spellcheck.collate">true</str>
                <bool name="distrib">false</bool>
        </lst>
        <arr name="components">
                <str>suggest</str>
        </arr>
</requestHandler>

I use the bootstrap parameter at startup. So configuration is deployed to
all other servers. The query component just creates additional output but
nothing usefull.

<arr name="components">
        <str>suggest</str>

        <str>query</str>
</arr>

So why is the additional parameter necessary? I would assume that solr takes
care of it internaly. I have only conifugred one shard.

But thanks anyway. It works as a workaround so far.

Simon