Hi,

I'm looking for a way to clustering (or should I call it group) geo spatial points on map based on the current zoom level and get the median coordinate for that cluster. Let's say I'm on the world level, and I want to cluster spatial points within a 1000 km radius. When I zoom in I only want to get the clustered points for that boundary. Let's say all the points within the US and cluster them within a 500 km radius.

I'm using Solr 4.3.0 and looked into SpatialRecursivePrefixTreeFieldType with faceting. However, I'm not sure if the geohashes are of any use for clustering points.

Does anyone have any experience with geo spatial clustering with Solr?

Regards,

jeroen