Hi,

We have Solr 3.6 set up with master and two slaves, each one with 70GB JVM. We
run into java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when we cross 250 million documents. Every
time this happens we purge documents, bring it below 200 million and bounce
both slaves. We have facets  on 14 fields. We usually don't run optimize after
the purge. Will the deleted documents be part of field cache if we don't run
optimize after purge? Will I see difference in java heap memory utilization
before and after running optimize? I thought optimize only affects the disk
space.

Thanks!