I wrote a custom data import handler to import data from files. I am trying
to figure out a way to make asynchronous call instead of waiting for the
data import response. Is there an easy way to invoke asynchronously  (other
than using futures and callables) ?

public class CustomFileImportHandler extends RequestHandlerBase implements
SolrCoreAware{
        public void handleRequestBody(SolrQueryRequest arg0, SolrQueryResponse
arg1){
       indexer a= new indexer(""); // constructor
       String status= a.Index(); // method to do indexing, trying to make it
async
}
}