Hi,

If you mean adding up numeric values stored in fields - no, Solr doesn't do
this by default.
We had a similar requirement for this, and created a custom SearchComponent
to handle sum, average, stats etc.
There are a number of things you need to bear in mind, such as:
  * Handling errors when a query asks for sums on fields that are
non-numeric
  * Performance issues - e.g. are you willing to wait to add up 50 million
fields of stringified numbers
  * How to return result payloads in a client-friendly way
  * Be prepared to coalesce results from multi-shard/distributed queries.
It's not trivial, but it is do-able.

Peter