From: John Randall [mailto:jmr...@yahoo.com]
Sent: 12. juli 2013 00:12
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: POST question

I want to use a browser and use HTTP POST to add a single document (not a file)
to Solr. I don't want to use cURL. I've made several attempts, such as the
following:

http://localhost:8080/solr/update?commit=true&stream.type=text/xml&;<add><doc><field
  name="id">61234567</field><field name="title">WAR OF THE
WORLDS</field>doc></add>

 I get following message which makes it appear the POST was successful, but
when I query on the id, there are no results. I've commited in a separate post
too, but again, no results.

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <response>
- <lstname="responseHeader">
  <intname="status">0</int>
  <intname="QTime">15</int>
  </lst>
  </response>

It's probably a syntax error, but not sure.

I'm using Solr 3.6 on Windows XP SP 3.

Any help would be appreciated.