Wait, you can't do this. You're changing the number
of shards? Your original startup specified a single shard,
bringing up another node and calling it "shard2" isn't
consistent.

If you'd brought up a single shard while telling SolrCloud that
there were 2 shards, you shouldn't have been able to index
anything.

So what are you trying to do? Create your cluster with the
number of shards you intend it to have. Or split shards. Or
something, but just bringing up a second node and calling
it "shard2" isn't supported.

Best
Erick