On 7/15/2013 5:45 AM, wolbi wrote:
> I'm trying to change default tempDir where solr.war file is extracted to.
> If I change context or webbaps XML it works, but I need to do it from
> commandline and don't know how. I tried to run:
>
> java -Djava.io.tmpdir=/path/to/my/dir -jar start.jar
>
> or
>
> java -Djavax.servlet.context.tempdir=/path/to/my/dir -jar start.jar
>
> ..without success. I always get default directory:
>

> [main] WARN  org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration  – Config error at <Set
> name="tempDirectory"><Property name="jetty.home"
> default="."/>/solr-webapp</Set>

The temp directory location is specified by the Solr context fragment
for the example Jetty, which you can find in
example/contexts/solr-jetty-context.xml.  If you have 4.1 or 4.0, that
will be named example/contexts/solr.xml instead.  The easiest thing to
do is to edit that file.  This overrides what you specify on the
commandline.

I saw that you asked this same question in #solr on IRC.  You have to be
patient in an IRC tech channel.  I didn't even see your question until
long after you had disconnected.  It can literally take hours before
anyone is at their keyboard.  According to the time on your email, it's
taken me a few hours for this, too.

Thanks,
Shawn