It can be done by extending LuceneQParser/SolrQueryParser see
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins#QParserPlugin
there is newTermQuery(Term) it should be overridden and delegate to
newPrefixQuery() method.
Overall, I suggest you consider to use EdgeNGramTokenFilter in index time,
and then search by plain termqueries.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev