I tried reducing the maxDistErr to "0.01", just to test making it smaller.
I got maxLevels down to 45, and slightly better query times (Indexing time
was about the same). However, my queries are not accurate anymore. I need
to pad by 2 or 3 whole numbers to get a hit now, which won't work in real
use. I can play with the number a bit more, but I didn't see anything
wrong when I had it at "0.000000009". I do know about using a small
decimal value to pad around my coordinates, and I'll probably do that for
the real implementation, but for testing, whole numbers were working for
all my edge cases.

-Kevin