This paper contains an excellent algorithm for plagiarism detection, but
beware the published version had a mistake in the algorithm - look for
corrections - I can't find them now, but I know they have been published
(perhaps by one of the co-authors). You could do it with solr, to create an
index of hashes, with the twist of storing position of the original text
(source of the hash) together with the token and the solr highlighting
would do the rest for you :)

roman