Uh, sorry for spamming, but if anyone interested there is a way to properly shutdown Jetty when it's launched with --exec flag. You can use JMX to invoke method stop() on the Jetty's Server MBean. This triggers a proper shutdown with all Solr's close() callbacks executed.
I wonder why it's not noted at least in Jetty documentation.

Regards,
Artem Karpenko.